If you’re like most, your stress levels went through the roof this last year.
While it may seem manageable, chronic stress can lead to fatigue, headaches, upset stomach, nervousness, irritability or even chronic disease. Regular exercise, sleep, meditation and good nutrition are some of the best ways to combat stress, but several vitamins and supplements can also help.
Here are 5 supplements our Wellness Team have found to be effective at calming the mind and body.
Magnesium’s beneficial effects on mood and stress are so well-known that its often referred to as “the chill pill.” It blocks the activity of stimulating neurotransmitters and binds to calming receptors. In addition, it helps to regulate the release of stress hormones like cortisol, acting like the brake on your body’s nervous system.
- Magnesium Glycinate – this form of magnesium is particularly helpful for restful sleep and is very gentle on the GI system.
- Magnesium Taurate – calming, neuroprotective, and anti-inflammatory effect in the brain.
- Liposomal Magnesium L-Threonate – the yummiest way to get your magnesium! L threonate is highly absorbable and has been shown to increase brain levels of magnesium.
L-theanine is a unique amino acid found in the green tea plant. It helps manage stress levels, improve sleep quality, improve focus and awareness, and protect against adrenal gland damage.
- L-Theanine Liquid – this liquid form offers fast acting relaxation and stress support. Great addition to your water bottle or tea.
- NeuroCalm – promotes the activity of GABA and serotonin, which may help support healthy mood, cravings, and feelings of calm, satiety, and satisfaction.
Ashwagandha acts as an adaptogen in our bodies. Adaptogens are herbs that balance several hormones and neurotransmitters involved in the stress response – to increase our ability to deal with stress, boost energy levels, and improve our general well-being.
- Ashwaghanda Capsules – a favorite, gentle product by Pure Encapsulations
- Ashwaghanda Powder – this organic powder from Moon Juice reduces stress and restores a sense of calm.
4. B Complex Vitamins
B complex vitamins are a group of 8 water-soluble vitamins, especially important for a healthy brain and central nervous system. They are often referred to as “anti-stress vitamins” since they help to balance mood and calm the nervous system.
- Vitamin B6 – vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is utilized in the synthesis of the stress hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine.
- B Complex – these formulas offer a comprehensive blend of B vitamins for well rounded stress relief.
CBD can have anti-anxiety and anti-depressant effects, and has the potential to help fight off depression and anxiety by enhancing serotonin production in your brain.
There’s lots of CBD products on the market, so here are some of our most effective products available for stress relief, all of which meet our rigorous safety and quality checks.
- One Farm – USDA Organic CBD Oil made with high CBD hemp grown on a family’s farm in Boulder County, Colorado. Effective for stress and sleep.
- Charlotte’s Web Gummies – these favorite gummies offer the perfect amount of CBD to relax the mind and body throughout the day.
- THC-free Broad Spectrum Hemp – for those looking for a completely THC CBD option.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Wellness Team at 512-580-5775. We’re happy to answer questions about all your supplement needs.