Hospitality Assistant Manager / Spa Lead at Alive and Well is a 8000 sq ft wellness center, spa and functional medicine clinic. Our center includes a wide variety of services, holistic therapies, practitioners, supplements, pharmacy and more. Alive and Well core values such as Service in your Heart, Collaboration, and Team Work truly speak to the authentic culture at Alive and Well. We are seeking an Assistant Manager/Spa Lead that is of a similar mind set. If you are looking for an environment that has health and wellness from an integrative approach at the heart of who we are – plus a warm and friendly team environment than please read on.
Hospitality Assistant Manager
- Supporting the team with daily tasks and projects to completion.
- Remaining upfront with the team coordinating the flow of services through Hospitality.
- Functioning as the Hospitality Coordinator, the Assistant Manager will continue to check people in, check out, answer phones, and be responsible for opening & closing duties, etc.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest concerns and issues.
- Be an example of high-quality customer care for the team. Along with the General Manager coordinate & co-lead a Hospitality team meeting every 2 months at minimum.
- Coordinate team meetings with the therapists every 3 months (Massage, Acupuncture, Estheticians all done separately).
- Therapists scheduling – Ensure that all therapists are “booked out” into the future and that there are NO gaps.
- Declined report – Pull the declined report and ensure that it’s resolved.
- Analyze with the General Manager the sales report to determine which services are flourishing and which are not.
- General Manager and Assistant Manager will set up monthly meetings with the Marketing Director to determine future changes & programs that will impact the center – and to brainstorm future ideas.
- Assist the General Manager with hiring, job posts, initial interviews and the creation of “staff contracts” & on-boarding.
- Enhancing the membership program
- Work with the General Manager to up level the customer care and Hospitality experience.
- Evolve the presentation of our menus so that it is more appealing to the eye for guests – and best represents what we offer. Suggestions for the website. Ensure that website content is accurate and up to date.
- Work with the General Manager to maximize the retail space in both its appeal and profitability.
- Work with the General Manager on consulting projects i.e. creating a mini project.
- Work with the General Manager to execute community events & collaborations.
- Managing the therapist’s schedules – ensuring that switches have been made and that scheduling reflects the change.
- Setting up and facilitating meetings with the therapists every 3 months at minimum (Massage, Acupuncture, Estheticians all done separately).
- Supporting the therapists with day to day needs and questions.
- Oversee each room and ensure that all supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
- Adjust décor and / or coordinate a deep cleaning in each spa room as needed.
- Work with guests that are doing rejuvenation spa retreats. Give them “extra” care and support onsite to provide a high-quality experience.
- Grow and evolve spa services within the center by making suggestions regarding promotions, protocols and upgrades.
- Regular follow up with spa services employees to ensure that they are following our protocols.
- Lead 90-day performance evaluations for feedback with therapists as well as Annual Reviews. Compensation discussions with General Manager.
- Work with the General Manager to promote and optimize memberships
- Post open spa positions promptly and conduct interviews to fill those positions in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks per the General Manager’s request in a timely manner and communicate completion so that next steps can be taken.
- When new services are implemented make sure that all Hospitality Staff are informed, and that the scheduling system is updated with the new pricing.
- The Spa Manager will also work at the Hospitality desk – coordinating services, checking in, checking out, and overall support of guest needs throughout the center.
- An established schedule will be created for “off desk” time. 2-3 hours at a time
- Printing sales reports and cost analysis periodically – every 6 months
- Make sure the website is up to date on the services we have and our therapists (headshot and bio)
- Ensure that all licensing is current and on file for the individual therapists and the facility at large
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a Health and Wellness/Spa field or within the Hospitality industry.
- 3 + years of experience in a leadership capacity and the ability to manage an exceptional team of talent, skill and heart.
- Proven track record of managing a team in a hospitality or spa management role that includes a variety of therapists.
- Med Spa management experience preferred
- Innovative and creative in ideas and inspiration that can elevate the center.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to stay present with staff and guests when multi-tasking.
- Proven ability to create strong relationships with individuals and teams.
- Ability to multitask with ease and presence.
- Salary Range (Based on experience) $50,000-$60,000
- Full time Position (Includes a weekend day)
- Please include a cover letter and resume.
Alive and Well Perks
Free sauna, free cold plunge, free red light
$30 classics IVs, $60 deluxe IVs $5 vitamin shots
Discounts for Acupuncture, Massage, Facials, Colon Hydrotherapy, Functional Medicine Visits, & more!
20% off supplements (part time), 40% off supplements (full time)
Full time – Eligible for medical benefits after 90 days – 30 hours or more.
Hours of operation:
Monday-Saturday 8am-7pm & Sunday 10am-5pm.
Shift scheduling may vary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person